Portfolio & Strategy
Hilco Brands works with well-known brands to find pathways toward sustainable growth. The brands currently in our portfolio include:
| || |
- The Portico brand includes a full collection of unique, eco-friendly products, including home and hotel furnishings, personal care and beauty products. The Under the Canopy brand represents high quality, stylish apparel, home, spa/hospitality and other textile-based products using environmentally and socially responsible materials and manufacturipong methods. Both brands are currently licensed to leading manufacturers, including WestPoint Home and Hunter Amenities International.
- The Portico brand dates back to the 1992 opening of its flagship retail store on Spring Street in the heart of Manhattan’s SoHo neighborhood. The store carried high-end furniture, the finest cotton and linen home textiles, specialty bath and spa products, and loungewear. The SoHo store and other locations opened thereafter quickly became a destination for decorators, designers, and style-minded connoisseurs of exceptional products.
| || |
- During its 72-year history, Polaroid has developed into one of the world’s most widely recognized consumer brands renowned for its unique “innovation-made-simple” brand platform.
- The Polaroid brand began with polarized sunglasses, evolved into instant film, camera and camera accessories, and expanded well beyond into flat panel televisions, portable DVD players, digital photo frames, digital HD camcorders, waterproof digital cameras and more.
- Hilco Brands and Gordon Brothers led the investor group (collectively the “JV”) that acquired Polaroid in 2009.The JV recognized Polaroid's blend of iconic stature, strong brand awareness and appeal across a wide array of consumer electronic categories.
| || |
- Halston is an iconic luxury fashion brand.Throughout its history, Halston has launched some of the most influential fashion trends and inspired some of the most renowned creative designers in the fashion industry.
- The brand is best known for dressing the international jet set during the 1960s and 1970s. After undergoing a series of leveraged buyouts during the 1980s,the brand languished during the late 1980s and 90s.
- In 2007, Hilco Brands led an investor group that acquired Halston from Neema Clothing Ltd.
- The Le Tigre brand successfully became one of the most recognized apparel icons for several decades, with a range of designs which all carried the “leaping tiger” logo. The brand was originally launched in New York in 1977 and then re-emerged in 2003, after being out of production through the 1990s.
- The brand was owned and operated by Kenneth Cole Productions which purchased the venerable label in 2007 and had successfully developed several licensing and distribution agreements with Bon Ton Stores, Inc. since that time.
- in 2015, Hilco Brands and Infinity Lifestyle Brands announced the acquisition of the iconic fashion brand Le Tigre from Kenneth Cole Productions in a private asset sale.
| || |
- The Haute Hippie brand is known for its strong fashion forward designs targeting the well-traveled woman with an international flair and a comfortable bohemian style.
- Recently, the brand appointed Cady Vaccaro as the new Creative Director. Ms. Vaccaro was one of the first designers at Alice + Olivia serving for almost 10 years and most recently as the Senior Design Director.
- In 2015 Hilco Global acquired Haute Hippie in partnership with luxury fashion distributor Madaluxe and other partners.
- The Miss America Organization (“MAO”), established in 1921, is the world’s largest provider of scholarship assistance to young women – making $45 million available annually.
- MAO is focused on empowering American women to achieve their personal and professional goals by promoting their voices in culture, politics and community.
- In 2011, Hilco Brands and Infinity Lifestyle Brands partnered to form Miss America Properties (“MAP”).
- MAP is focused on revitalizing and expanding the Miss America brand and has signed a definitive agreement with MAO for the rights to licensing, sponsorship and brand creation.
- Founded in 1972, Atari is a gaming legend and innovator with over 200 franchise brands in its library – including Pong®, Asteroids®, Centipede® and Missile Command®.
- Atari remains active in gaming, releasing new franchises and updated versions of its renowned brands for multiple platforms and connected devices.
- In 2012-2013, Hilco Brands Partnered with Atari to spearhead brand licensing in consumer electronics, apparel, accessories, home décor and other categories.
Linens –n- Things
- Linens ‘N Things (“LNT”) was the second largest specialty retailer in home textiles, housewares and home accessories in the USA and the largest in Canada.
- LNT had historical sales of greater than $3 billion from approximately 600 stores across North America.
- HCC, Gordon Brothers and others partnered with the LNT Bankruptcy Estate to purchase the brand in 2009. The brand was re-launched as an online retailer of home goods.
- In December 2013, LNT was sold to Galaxy Brand Holdings.
- Ellen Tracy is a premium fashion brand and was one of the largest traditional brands in the Bridge wholesale segment of the women’s apparel industry.
- Ellen Tracy offers refined sportswear for modern women with discerning taste.The collection of sportswear offers luxury fabrics with exquisite tailoring.The brand is known for a sophisticated color palette offered in a variety of novelty fabrics and beautiful signature prints.
- Hilco Brands was the lead manager of the investment group that acquired the wholesale operations of Ellen Tracy in 2008 and subsequently merged the business with Caribbean Joe.
- Caribbean Joe (“CJ”) is a leading brand for casual apparel in the women’s, men’s and children’s markets.
- CJ sells under a number of trade names, including Caribbean Joe, Havana Jack Café, Jamaica Bay and Periscope.
- Hilco Brands was the lead manager of the investment group that acquired the CJ wholesale business and associated trademarks in 2007.
- Hilco Brands merged the CJ and Ellen Tracy businesses in 2008.
Tommy Armour Golf Brand
- The Tommy Armour Golf brand ("TAG") has long been recognized by both consumers and the trade for its highly playable irons, most notably the 845 Irons and perimeter-weighted Silver Scot Irons.
- RAM is a golf brand well known for its reliability and value
- Hilco Brands was the lead manager of the investor group that acquired the TAG and RAM brands ("Brands") from the Huffy Corporation in 2007.
- In March 2010, Hilco Brands sold the Brands to The Sports Authority.
| || |
- Bombay is a premier brand in the home furnishing industry.
- Bombay was founded in 1978 as a mail order operation which specialized in expensive antique reproduction of furniture pieces.
- The Bombay Company opened their first store in the 1980s, and grew their store base to 415 stores and 46 outlet stores in North America, prior to filing for bankruptcy in 2007.
- Hilco Brands and Gordon Brothers partnered with The Bombay Company estate to purchase the brand in 2008.
- In December 2010, Hilco Brands and Gordon Brothers sold Bombay to Hermes-Otto International USA LLC.
The Sharper Image
| || |
- Since its founding in 1977, The Sharper Image (“TSI”) has developed into one of America's most widely recognized and positively perceived consumer brands that is renowned as a leading source of new, innovative, high-quality products that make life better and more enjoyable.
- TSI was acquired in 2008 by a joint venture formed between Hilco Brands and Bluestar Alliance.
- The JV recognized the strong brand value in TSI’s iconic stature, outstanding consumer recognition and appeal across a wide demographic.
- In October 2011, the JV sold TSI to Iconix Brand Group, Inc. for $65.6M.
| || |
- rom 2008-2012, Hilco Brands joint ventured with the Marley family to provide brand representation services for the Bob Marley trademarks.
- The JV focused on utilizing the brand equity of Bob Marley to develop best in class partnerships in various categories of consumer goods that are in line with the principles and values of the late performer and his family.
- Some of the more notable product launches during this JV were Marley's Mellow Mood beverages and The House of Marley headphones and audio systems
Frederick’s of Hollywood
- Frederick's of Hollywood ("FOH") is a leading intimates and lingerie brand with a 65 year operating history.
- FOH sells its branded product through a chain of 126 stores, as an online e-retailer and through a catalog.
- Hilco Brands was the syndication leader of a lender group that provided a term loan facility to FOH in 2010, secured principally by the company's intellectual property, including its trademarks. Hilco Brands additionally worked through operational issues with management.
- In June 2012, Hilco Brands was refinanced out of the investment at a healthy return.